Blake E. Vande Garde
University of Kansas
School of Law
University of Kansas
BS Human Biology
Required fields are denoted with an asterisk.
Blake E. Vande Garde began practicing law in 2001 after graduating from the University Of Kansas School Of Law. Mr. Vande Garde has extensive experience in the preparation and prosecution of biological, mechanical, chemical, battery separator, fuel cell, nanotechnology, textile and fiber patent applications in both the United States and abroad. He also has experience conducting and evaluating due diligence, infringement, freedom to operate, clearance and patentability opinions.
Mr. Vande Garde also has extensive experience in the preparation and prosecution of trademark applications in both the United States and abroad (in both Madrid Protocol and non-Madrid Protocol jurisdictions). His experience also includes representation, evaluation and advisement regarding trademark oppositions and cancellations before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. He has managed the patent and trademark portfolios for clients in both the United States and abroad as well as facilitated the management of outside counsel in the preparation and prosecution of foreign patent and trademark applications.
Mr. Vande Garde has experience in infringement evaluations and the litigation of patents in addition to the drafting and negotiation of nondisclosure, joint development and technology licensing agreements.
Mr. Vande Garde manages the North Carolina office of Erickson Kernell IP. He can be reached at either our Kansas office or at the North Carolina office at:
13850 Ballantyne Corporate Place, Ste 500
Charlotte, North Carolina 28277
*Meetings at our North Carolina office are by appointment only.
- Invited to join the Project for Innovation, Energy and Sustainability (PiES) Advisory Board in 2011 and currently serves in that position. PiES is a public-private partnership which provides assistance to local entrepreneurs in the commonly needed realms of business growth and development; technical assistance; funding and marketing. Additional information regarding PiES is available at the following link: http://www.pies-northcarolina.org/index.html
- Charlotte Biotechnology Conference as a supporter and judge in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- Charlotte Venture Challenge (formerly the Five Ventures Conference) as a judge, a mentor and a panelist in 2008, 2009, 2010 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Panel member (Avoiding Patent Disasters and Keeping Investors Happy) at the NC Nanotechnology Commercialization Conference in the spring of 2011, and also a panelist (Impacts of Micro-Nanotechnology on Energy & Energy Technology) at the Commercialization of Micro-Nano Systems Conference in Greensboro, North Carolina during the summer of 2011.
LICENSES AND BAR ADMISSIONS
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- North Carolina State Bar and U.S. District Court – Western District of North Carolina
- Kansas State Bar and U.S. District Court – District of Kansas
- Missouri State Bar and U.S. District Court – Western District of Missouri